Monday, November 24, 2014

Cranachan - Whipped Cream and Whiskey is delectably lethal!

On a lovely Sunday evening, I decided to skip my tea in search for the perfect dessert in Edinburgh. And as luck would have it I found the perfect Scottish dessert which wasn't a sugar overdose. No offense, but it is hard to have more than two bites of the tablet. Here is a lovely travel tip, skip the tablet, even the haggis but you must try the Cranachan. It is a traditional Scottish dessert made with whipped cream, whiskey, fresh Scottish raspberries, honey and toasted oats. I have no clue of the whiskey they use, but the combination of whipped cream, honey and whiskey is delectably lethal. And surprisingly not many Scots know of this dessert. I get a 'crazy, ignorant woman look' when I tell them that I love the Scottish dessert Cranachan :) And if you really like the cranachan, try the cranachan ice-cream. It is my favourite ice-cream flavour along with rum raisin (which you get a lot in Italy).




 

No comments:

Post a Comment